Digital Partners Grants
The recipient(s) will receive up to $22,500 worth of resources (most likely from the Library IT department, but that depends on the needs of the applicant). The Library will provide its appropriate, existing hardware and software at no cost (but will not make expensive new purchases on behalf of the faculty). The University Libraries commits to maintaining the scholarly product and making it broadly available for the long term.
Simply fill out this online form.
We are happy to help you with the form! All you need is a good idea and we'll guide you through the application process.
- Submission deadline: January 31
- Selection Process: The Selection Committee will review submissions and announce recipients by the end of February. The awards' funding period is March 2021 - February 2022.
- Must be submitted by UNCG faculty member
- Digital project must be hosted on the Library's servers
- Digital project must be Open Access and freely shared
- Faculty member must resolve any copyright or intellectual property issues (but we can help with that).
- Projects that build on the strengths of the Libraries' extant digital projects
- Projects that develop a library of resources that support a range of scholarly activities in general rather than creating teaching applications or custom-designed web sites for a specific course.
The award & past projects
Examples of the types of digital projects that the Libraries might support through this program:
- Create a web-based critical edition
- Develop a searchable database of historical materials
- Create a mash up of geospatial data and historical photos in the form of an interactive online map
- Convert cassette tape oral histories to digital audio, create transcripts, and make available via a searchable web site
- Create a web based tool and user interface for exploring and analyzing large research data sets
Use your imagination! We're open to creative ideas.
Here are several examples of past and current collaborative initiatives. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!